
While cleaning up some debris that had fallen in between the support joists, I had my own fall. I was sitting on a beam and picking up pieces all around me. When I turned to pick up one piece, I guess I put a little pressure on my foot, and suddenly I'm falling.
Since I was straddling the floor joist my other leg caught on the 2x6 and I slammed into another one. I was able to grab a hold of that beam to keep myself from falling further. I must have looked like a kitten stuck in a tree limb. And boy was I stuck! My brother had to come pull me out!
I walked away with several large cuts on my legs and arms(thankfully not deep enough for stitches!), and a really bruised and sore back.

The culprit:

This little trap door was put in the ceiling of a closet for easy access to the plumbing upstairs. Unbeknownst to me, my foot was resting on this trap door, and the slightest bit of pressure made the door fly open, bringing me down with it.

Nice little pile of rubble on the floor below. :)

I'm so glad you are okay. That was a little scary. Just keep reminding yourselves, that it going to all be worth it in the end. It's going to be fantastic!
ReplyDelete