Monday, May 3, 2010

While You Were Waiting...

While Danny and I go through the mundane tasks of home inspections, bank loans and picking bathroom fixtures, here are a few pictures around the house to tide you over before we begin home renovation.


Check out that exquisite brickwork! The man who built this house in 1920 is believed to be the same guy who owned Kingsport Brick Corporation.



(BTW, that side porch is going to need to be completely torn down and rebuilt.)

And the brickwork isn't limited to just the outside. Check out this fireplace:


That fireplace is over 7 feet long! Love it!


Nothing a new roof, siding, a little paint and a good pressure washer can't fix.


Danny's wood shop. Yikes! It's going to take a lot of work but it'll all be worth it in the end. At least we'll be able to immediately enjoy this view:



I'm thinking veggie garden!

1 comment:

  1. You have got your work cut out for you, but I'm sure by the time you are finished, it will be a wonderful home for you guys. Great idea to keep us all up-to-date. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete